CONSIGN TO US
Authentic Luxury Goods is one of America’s top buyers and sellers of pre-owned luxury merchandise with a market reach that extends worldwide. Our regular customers range from Hollywood celebrities to anyone who appreciates the fine craftsmanship and fashion sense of today’s finest luxury makers. Therefore, when you consign designer handbags, jewelry, watches, shoes, and other accessories with us, you can expect the best possible cash return on your item in the quickest possible time.
ALG's selling fee ranges from 30% to 40% on handbags, jewelry, and watches (depending on the value of the item); and a flat 50% fee on shoes, sunglasses and accessories. (NOTE: This fee includes eBay fees, Paypal fees, insurance and shipping costs. You will not be charged additionally for these fees).
If you would like to consign your item with us, the process is simple:
1. The main categories of products that we take in are: handbags, luggage, jewelry, watches, and large diamonds. Check to be sure that your luxury item is the kind that we accept. Please visit our
Sell Your Item page and we will reply promptly. Also, you can look through this website for similar items that we are already selling.
Please keep in mind that for non-jewelry items, we only deal in the finest designer brands such as Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and Gucci. For this category, we only buy items that are in very good condition and only show slight wear, or are like new. When it comes to jewelry and watches, however, we will take in items that are in more used condition, since we can usually restore them to like new condition. We accept all of the prestige jewelry and watch brands such as Harry Winston, Cartier, Tiffany & Co., Chopard, Bulgari, Yurman, Rolex, Vacheron, Patek Philippe, and more.
Large Diamonds and/or GIA Certified Diamonds: Diamond engagement rings, antique diamond jewelry, and large diamonds (loose or set in jewelry) are also items that we will take in on consignment. GIA certified diamonds are preferred, but we are willing to consider any diamond or diamond jewelry that is of high value.
2. Fill out our Online Form, providing as much detailed information as possible about your product, including what supporting materials you have, such as the original receipt, replacement parts, supplementary hardware, price tag, dust bag, box, manufacturer's registration, authentication card, jewelry appraisal, gem laboratory report, etc. Next, take measurements of your item and enter these in the field on the form. Detailed information and complete measurements will help us determine more accurately the value of your merchandise.
3. Please include at least five quality photos, which can be attached using that same online form (exterior, interior, defects, labels, etc.). Each photo should be under 1MB in size. You may submit as many items as you like on the same form, just click on the “Add More Items” button at the bottom of the form. Good photos are important for helping us determine the value of your item.
4. After we receive your online submission, we will respond within 2 business days to let you know whether or not we will accept your item on consignment. If we cannot accept your item on consignment we will explain the factors that determined our decision.
5. If we accept your item on consignment, we will notify you with our offer, which will be given as a range of how much you will receive once the item actually sells.
6. You will see our offer range in this “Initial Offer” email. If you accept this offer range please follow the instructions in the email and accept the terms of the consignment. You will need to print out the Initial Offer form and Consignment Contract, then sign and send them to us along with your item. The initial range that we quote you is subject to change after we receive your item, if the condition is not exactly as described. If you do not accept our offer range, please let us know by replying to our email.
7. For your convenience, we provide you with a pre-paid UPS shipping label. The pre-paid shipping label includes insurance and signature confirmation to protect against loss.
You may also ship your item to us at your own expense, or deliver it to our boutique in person at:
Authentic Luxury Goods
919 Sixth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
If you have any questions about shipping, email us or give us a call at 800-550-2012.
(IMPORTANT: Consignor may not include in the shipment any items that have not been approved by ALG. Any items that are shipped to ALG without prior approval will be returned to Consignor. Both incoming and return shipping costs will be charged to the Consignor for any un-approved items that are shipped to ALG.)
8. After we receive your item, it will be put through the ALG quality inspection and authentication process. Please allow 2 business days for this process. If your item is shown to be authentic and is in the condition you described, we will begin trying to sell your item. If the item is not as described it will be shipped back to you at your expense. If the item is proven to be a counterfeit, the item will be shipped back and you will be charged a $25 fee + shipping costs, or the item will be discarded.
9. Offers provided by ALG are good for 15 days. ALG reserves the right to adjust/correct an offer at any time prior to the seller accepting the offer.
10. If we cannot come to an agreement on the consignment offer, ALG will contact you to retrieve your items. We can hold your items in our store for up to 14 days, during which time you are responsible for picking your items up in person, or paying for them to be shipped back to you. Due to the high number of items we receive, and the limited space we have for storing them, we cannot guarantee that we can keep your items for you after 14 days. Items left with us for more than 14 days will be discarded or donated to charity.